Here’s are some reasons why your children ought to learn to swim:
- Swimming is a healthy type of exercise that’s low impact and provides full body workout.
- Swimming teaches kids essential water safety skills that could someday save their life.
- Swimming offers fun challenges for the child, like learning to swim on their own, diving and playing water games.
- Learning to swim is one of life’s accomplishments, like learning to read and write or drive a car, it gives your child more confidence in life.
- Encourages independence and develops coordination skills.
- Swimming is also something your children can easily do with their friends at a lake, local community center or a backyard pool.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 3,400 people drown in the United States every year. If your child learns how to swim, they could possibly have a chance at saving someone close to them.
- The main reason this is a great activity for your child is that it gets them moving and it is something the whole family can do together!